COVID-19 TESTING AREA for passengers arriving at Milano Malpensa International Airport from Belgium, Czech Republic, France, the Netherlands, Spain, and the United kingdom
According to the Decree of the Italian President of the Council of Ministers dated October 13, 2020, passengers returning from Belgium, Czech Republic, France, the Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom may undergo a nasal swab upon their arrival at the airport.
Passengers arriving in Malpensa from one of the countries mentioned above may take a molecular test at the COVID-19 Testing Area, operational every day, from 9:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m., on the Arrival floor, exit 1. It is necessary to show up at the Testing Area by 8:30 p.m. to allow the completion of all operations.
The service is managed by ATS Insubria Health Protection Agency, in collaboration with Local Health District Hospitals (ASST).
Online reservation is mandatory to access the COVID-19 Testing Area. If you decide to take the test, you must log in to the ATS Insubria website with a mobile phone, a tablet, or a personal computer before entering the test site area. Fill in all the fields in the provided form and complete your COVID-19 test reservation.
You can apply for the test online 48 hours before you arrive in Italy by visiting the provided link or by scanning the following QRCODE
How to Access the Area:
- go to the COVID-19 Testing Area with your travel document and a valid ID/passport;
- wear a face mask, keep a distance from others, and clean your hands frequently with a hand sanitizer.
Instead of carrying out the test at the airport, you may also:
- take a molecular or antigenic swab test within 48 hours of entering Italy at the competent local health authority surgery;
- present a declaration to the effect that you have taken a molecular or antigenic swab test, with a negative result, within 72 hours before entering Italy.
For any further information and contacts, a list of regional reference numbers is provided below:
- Regional Telephone Information Hotlines
- Milan Health Protection Agency: (Italian Version)
- Lombardy Region - Provisions for those entering Italy: (Italian Version)