The Italian National Institute of Health (Istituto Superiore di Sanità - ISS) and the Ministry of Health have developed a practical handbook with useful indications to limit the possibility of contagion from Sars-Cov-2. The document gathered the adhesion of the main scientific societies, as well as the professional medical orders and the State-Regions Conference.
"The commitment to prevent the Sars-Cov-2 epidemic also passes through behaviors, which must be based on correct information. Following the recommended measures - starting with handwashing - helps us to prevent this and other infectious diseases - comments the President of the ISS Silvio Brusaferro -. This 'Decalogue' also represents a fine example of how institutions and professionals guarantee unitary responses to a possible threat to our health. "
- Wash your hands frequently;
- Avoid close contact with individuals who suffer from acute respiratory infections;
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands;
- Cover your mouth and nose if you sneeze or cough;
- Don’t take antiviral or antibiotic medication unless you have been prescribed them by a doctor;
- Clean surfaces with chlorine- or alcohol-based disinfectants;
- Only use a mask if you suspect you are sick or take care of sick people;
- MADE IN CHINA products and packages received from China are not dangerous;
- Contact the number 112 if you have a fever or cough and you think you may be infected;
- Pets cannot spread the new coronavirus.